Sunday, May 2, 2010

PhotoBioReactor Step 1

I've been planning a closed-loop photobioreactor in Google SketchUp for a few months now and have finally decided to get off my butt and start bringing it to life. I'm doing a benchtop scale version first for a few reasons:
1) Make sure it works before spending more on a larger version.
2) Easier to take pictures of.
3) I can build it by myself in about a weekend

You can check out the SketchUp file at Google's 3D warehouse HERE.

The reactor will be built in three parts: the photo-collector section, the sump section, and the electronics/light focuser.

I just finished building the photo-collector section tonight. It took me about 5 hours today. My circular saw wasn't working so everything had to be cut by hand. Lets just say I got my workout today. :-P I will hopefully be posting a tutorial once I finish.

Here's a picture of what I have done at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment